Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong



Book: The Summoning
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Series: Darkest Powers Trilogy
Published: July 1st 2008 by HarperTeen 
Hardcover: 390 pg
Cover: 5/5
Overall book: 9/10

After years of frequent moves following her mother’s death, Chloe Saunders’s life is finally settling down. She is attending art school, pursuing her dreams of becoming a director, making friends, meeting boys. Her biggest concern is that she’s not developing as fast as her friends are. But when puberty does hit, it brings more than hormone surges. Chloe starts seeing ghosts–everywhere, demanding her attention.


REVIEW

What can I say about this book, it was amazing, enthralling, breathtaking, and I couldn't put it down. Chloe Saunder's voice was so vivid and overwhelming. I felt like every words she said, I could hear right in my ears. At one point I even imagine her sitting down telling me the story, now that was probably me without much sleep, but her voice was so real. The desperation, and the anxiety that she had for not knowing what she had, or what she was crawl through my skin. At points I wanted to scream at her to not do that, or to do that, or wait think about it, which made the whole book an amazing story I would never forget. Kelley Armstrong outdid herself with the first book, in the Darkest Powers Trilogy.

Favorite Quote:

"But I couldn't do it. I kept seeing them, smelling them, feeling their touch. My gut kept seizing up with remembered horror, then thinking about what I'd done to them, their horrors." (The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong, pg 257)

Book Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...