Sunday, July 10, 2011

Review: Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

Book: Infinite Days
Author: Rebecca Maizel
Series: Vampire Queen Trilogy (book 1)
Published: August 13, 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin
Words: 336 pg
Paperback
Cover: 5/5
Overall: 6/10

Book Description:

"Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you... no one."

Those were some of Rhode's last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.
It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste. Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.
I never expected to fall in love with someone else who wasn't Rhode. But Justin was... daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream. I never expected to be sixteen again... but then again, I never expected my past to come back and hunt me.

Drawing Inspire by the book:

If you have read the book, you know there's a special tattoo mention in the story. So I couldn't find other thing than to portrait the tattoo in Lenah's body, also, I sort of imagine myself as Tony as I drew this drawing. I know, I'm not so good as he is, but here's how I visualize Lenah. Hope everyone can see the resemblance, if not I tried.

I didn't know how exactly the tattoo look like, I knew where it was position, and what needed to portrait. But I didn't know how Rhode's handwriting look like. It took me a lot of time, to finally just draw the letters as weird and possible that I could, but they came out looking like I always write. Weird.

Also I didn't had a clear visual of Lenah, I never could find out how she looked like, only parts of it. So this is how I imagined her. If she had short hair, sorry guys, but I'm sure she had long hair.

Review: 

I know, I know, your all wondering why I gave the book 6 out of 10. Well, I loved the book itself, it was a really good twist to the story. I love the relationship that Rhode and Lenah had, and how he sacrifice himself for her to be human, to feel again the sensations of life, and happiness. Rebecca's writing was so vivid, and wonderful that there wasn't any moment I didn't saw the place clearly in my head. I could even smell the plants, and see the texture of the Wickham walls, as well as Seekers dormitories.
I did love the history behind it, and all the side info that Rebecca gave us. Whenever Lenah, went back to her memories, it was as if I was transported into her mind, and the horrific life she had as a vampire. Which as well, I was enthrall to hear, that she didn't want to be a vampire anymore. Not something you read most days. So that was also a good twist.

Now, the three things that made me give this book 6/10.

I didn't like Justin Enos, nope, I don't like him one bit. His relationship with Lenah feels flat, empty, and it became like that the moment, he was describe as a jock/Greek God body material, while his brothers where all describe as either a little bit chubby or small. I don't like that, and I always felt he only wanted Lenah on his pants, the way he stock her, licking his lips I think there was something like that. If not, that's how it looked to me, a character that felt flat, and that I was so hoping Lenah would just look away.
I would have love for to fell in love with Tony. From the start, he was really nice to her, he cold make her laugh, show her stuff that she didn't know. He even thought her how to drive, and made a portrait for her. And what this Justin do, oh yeah, just be hot, and get her in bed. Also he cried a lot, and was scared when Lenah reveal he was a vampire, while Tony, took it nice, and understood.
Which brings me to my second point that I gave the book 6/10, and this is a spoiler. Tony got kill, yup, poof gone, best friend. Great character to have made the story with Lenah without Justin. Just gone like that. If only Rebecca, would have only made Tony and Lenah together, the whole book would have been 10/10, but nope. Also, Lenah promised she wasn't going to become like one of Justin girlfriends all popular and follow whatever the guys would do, but she did. And she tried to explain everything, that they were following her, not the other way around. Which is still the same.
Now the third, and I'm not so sure, is a big deal, but the new twist that Vampire Sparkle, not so good. Twilight I mean was good, but not the best, and is just brings me to their story. Now, Rebecca if you're reading this, I'm sorry I seem like I wrote a bad review, but I love your writing, your amazing author, and I can't wait to read something else by you. If only you wouldn't have made Justin Enos into the picture, I would have love this book. Or maybe if you wouldn't have made him a jock, it would have been good. I feel so bad, but this is my honest opinion. Love you Rebecca. Oh, God I feel so bad.

Favorite Quote: 
"You've already read The Awakening?"
I have a first copy, first hardcover edition, in my home in Hathersage, you fool.
"Yes, sir. Three times." (Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel pg 85)

Book Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...