Sunday, July 3, 2011

Review: Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

Book: Ink Exchange
Author: Melissa Marr
Series: The Wicked Lovely Series (Book 2)
Published: April 29, 2008 by Harper Teen/Collins
Words: 336 pg
Hardcover
Cover: 5/5  amazing cover
Overall: 9/10

Book Description

Unbeknownst to mortals, a power struggle is unfolding in a world of shadows and danger. After centuries of stability, the balance among the Faery Courts has altered, and Irial, ruler of the Dark Court, is battling to hold his rebellious and newly vulnerable fey together. If he fails, bloodshed and brutality will follow.
Seventeen-year-old Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their intrigues. when she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings, all she knows is that she has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life.
The tattoo does bring changes- not the kind Leslie has dreamed of, but sinister, compelling changes that are more than symbolic. Those changes will bind Leslie and Irial together, drawing Leslie deeper and deeper into the faery world, unable to resist its allures, and helpless to withstand its perils...

REVIEW:

Now before I start the review, I wanted to share something with you guys. I read this book and every time the character Bananach was mention, and described, I kept picturing a drawing that I did a couple a months ago. In the book, she's a lot of trouble maybe being the embodiment of evil within the Dark Court explains why. Either way, she seemed intriguing and I really will love to know more about her. Here's the drawing and let me know what you guys think, those it remind you Bananach or not? 

Now, Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr, what can I said about this book. Well, a lot of things, it made me mad, it made me sad, it made me want to scream at Leslie to run, or to listen and see what was going around her. She didn't pay a lot attention do to her state of mind and problems she had within herself. Yet, I did wanted to slap her and wake her up, I know that what happen to her is really bad, but I would have wish she could have stand up for herself and done something.
This may be one of the reason of why I love this book, I love characters that make me want to say something, and Leslie was one of those characters. At points I wanted to grab a pen, and somehow reach to Melissa's world and tell Leslie to be strong, that everything was going to be okay. But then there came Irial and Niall, and oh boy, they just brought Leslie's world more problems than she needed.
I liked a lot this two characters, and if I would've to choice between Irial and Niall to be with Leslie it will be both. They both share a link of power and danger, both good and bad. So I can't decided. Now, let's talk about Aislinn, Keenan, and Seth. I soonest they appeared in the story I wanted to jump with joy. I really didn't thought they were going to make it too much into the story since it was Leslie's story, but they did, and I especially liked when Aislinn stood up to one of the characters in the book. I won't say who, but I loved the tension of that scene.
Also, I liked how in both stories Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange, the girls didn't follow the rules that the Faery world was trying to apply to them. They kept their guards up, and didn't indulge themselves into their rules. Especially Leslie, who broke free of every tie she encounter in the journey. That's why I love Melissa's writing, because is not your typical girl who does whatever her lovely crush says too.
 All in all, this book was SEXY, DARKER, and just plain WICKED LOVELY.

Favorite Quote:
 "But Leslie's hand slipped under his shirt, tentative but there nonetheless. He could feel the edges of the cuts on her palm and fingers as she slid her hand up his spine." (Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr pg 168)

Book Trailer:
I couldn't find an actual trailer for this book, but here's the amazing Melissa Marr talking about the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...