Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

Book: The Reckoning
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Series: Darkest Powers Trilogy (Book 3)
Publisher: Harper Collins April 6, 2010
Words: 400 pg
Hardcover
Cover: 5/5
Overall: 9/10

BOOK DESCRIPTION

My name is Chloe Saunders. I’m fifteen, and I would love to be normal. But normal is one thing I’m not.
For one thing, I’m having these feelings for a certain antisocial werewolf and his sweet-tempered brother–who just happens to be a sorcerer–but, between you and me, I’m leaning toward the werewolf.
Not normal.
My friends and I are also on the run from an evil corporation that wants to get rid of us…permanently.
Definitely not normal.
And finally, I’m a genetically altered necromancer who can raise the dead, rotting corpses and all, without even trying.
As far away from normal as it gets.

REVIEW

WOW! I loved this book, great ending, yet, I feel like the story was left open. I don't know if Kelley did this on purpose to let readers wonder what's going on, or if she did this to open the new Darkest Powers Trilogy that will begin with THE GATHERING. Either way, Kelley once again proved how amazing and powerful her words are. Chloe finally stood up and made a lot of big statements with her actions. I loved her relationship between Simon and her, and especially *wink, wink* with Derek. Oh, and Liz was finally back, I wanted to see her again, well not that I saw her, but you guys know what I mean. It was cool to have her back. as for Tori and Simon wow, major WOW! I sort of saw it coming, (WON'T SAY THE SECRET) but I was surprise when it was revealed.
This book was a great ending, or at least for now, I hope. I really will love to read another book by Chloe's POV. I want to experience more of the relationship between Derek and her. Maybe she will make a cameo appearance in The Gathering, which of course I'm going to buy as soonest it hits stores. So, as to wrapping this series, I call this book OVERPOWERING WITH ACTION, AND INTENSE SECRETS. I must be read series!

FAVORITE QUOTE:
"Do Something.
Like what? I was powerless. I-
No. I wasn't powerless. There was something I could do." (The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong pg 174)

BOOK TRAILER:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...